You must keep your basement in good shape to protect it against the elements. This can be made possible through basement waterproofing. Unfortunately, some homeowners completely disregard doing this, which can cause major problems for the home.
——————————————– CONTINUE READING ——————————————–
- Rust – If you have any furniture with metal features or photos hanging by nails in your basement, make sure to check them every now and then. If you notice that the nails are becoming rusty or patches of rust are appearing in places where there is metal, it means that you’re dealing with a waterproofing issue, and you should have it rectified immediately.
- Bugs – Insects love turning cool, moist and dark environments into their breeding grounds. If you notice that insects are making their home in your basement, you don’t need to increase your extermination efforts; it’s likely you need to get your basement waterproofed.
- Mold – Mold in your basement is a telltale sign that you’re facing a basement waterproofing issue. If there’s mold, it means there’s water seeping into the area, allowing it to grow and spread. With that in mind, once you spot mold, call an expert to check the extent of the damage, and waterproof your basement to prevent this in the future.
- Watermarks – You’ll be able to tell that water is seeping down your basement walls if you notice a few watermarks. Once this happens, you need to call a professional immediately to prevent the water from causing damage to the whole foundation.
- Cracks – Cracks on your basement’s floors and walls mean that there’s a potential water seepage problem. To prevent it from wreaking havoc in your home, get the basement waterproofed as soon as possible. If you don’t have the funds to waterproof the entire room, just waterproof the affected section until you can have the rest done.
- Musty Odor – On the other hand, if the water seepage doesn’t seem visible, make sure there are no odors. If you smell a musty odor in your basement, it means that the room needs to be waterproofed as water has been seeping there over the years.
Planning a roof repair project? Then turn to Stonebridge Roofing, Waterproofing and Exteriors. When it comes to roofing and waterproofing services, we are your leading provider. Give us a call at (904) 404-7221, or fill out our contact form to get a free quote.